Over on the articles page, I've done a little reorganization and added two new opinion articles where I pontificate about the SCA:
- SCA Awards are not Merit Badges - An article comparing the BSA's checklist based award structure and the SCA's squishier approach
- Some Thoughts on Households - My experiences and thoughts on households and formal mentoring
My C&T gear evaluation page was removed from the main menu and is now linked from the articles page.
I'm looking forward to teaching and attending classes at University next weekend. It should be a great time. If you took one of my classes there, here are links to more information (videos, handouts, etc.)
- White Scarf Round Table - My musings on polling orders and the bar for rapier awards and Academie ranks.
- Using Fiore in SCA Combat
- Fiore's Armored Combat - handout
I shoot lots of pictures at lots of events. These generally get posted to Facebook for tagging and sharing. But Facebook is awful for sorting albums and finding something posted years ago. I just created a page on this site that has sorted lists of all of my SCA albums with links to Facebook or Google Photos. That page is here.
I was honored to be recognized as a Master of Defense (the SCA peerage for excellence in Rapier and/or Cut and Thrust combat) at Pennsic 47 (August 2018). The regalia of the order is the while collar I'm wearing in the picture below. Also pictured is His Majesty Dietrich and my family.
Page 1 of 2